Sunday, November 17, 2013

Journal 6: Self-Reflection

Journal 6

So far this class has been very challenging for me. Before this class I had no background knowledge of CCS and HTML. Everything that I learned has been new. I find it very interesting to see the background work of web pages and how layouts of pages are assembled together to form a website. All the parts to a website are equally important to each other but learning how to style the web page with the two column layout, using different fonts styles, colors and imputing images has been rewarding. I didn’t know how much web design work was done on the backend of the website and that everything was a code to create something.
I find it really helpful when Dr. McGarvey goes over what we will learning in the book chapters and exercise in class before assigning the assignments because it makes the exercise easier to follow. Having to create my own with a blank start has been challenging because it is hard to remember all the coding.  The most frustrating part is when I am missing a colon, bracket or space in the coding and having to go back to see where I made the mistake. I do have to say that it is quite rewarding when I find the mistake and seeing the webpage turn out successfully.

Another challenge I faced was uploading on the Cal Poly Server. I was so confused the first time we connected to the server and created the different files to input our book and lab work. I am starting to understand it better. I am learning a lot in this class.

Links:

http://www.csupomona.edu/~aslam/512/labs.html

http://www.csupomona.edu/~aslam/512/book/exercise6/jenskitchen/index.html

http://www.csupomona.edu/~aslam/512/book/exercise7/tuscany/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment